Basics. (Approximate order of focus)
- Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets. John Murthy (classical chart analysis)
- Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques. Steve Nison.
- The Candlestick Course. Steve Nison.
- Trading Chaos. Bill Williams (early edition, 5 star psychology, part analysis)
- New Trading Dimensions. Bill Williams. (semi automating the trading process)
- Trading in the Zone. Mark Douglas. (psychology, de-energise old beliefs, system testing)
- Come into my Trading Room. Dr Alexander Elder. (Record Keeping, Risk control, analysis)
- The New Market Wizards. Jack D. Schwager. (A popular general read, enlightening)
- Fibonacci Trading. Carolyn Boroden. (Time and Price, Symmetry)
- Intermarket Technical Analysis. John Murphy.
- Currency Trading and Intermarket Analysis. Ashraf Laidi.
- Mind Over Markets. Dalton. (Concise insight into Market Profile. Understand the auction mkt process)
- Dynamic Trading. Robert C Miner (Introduction to Elliott Wave Theory simplified, many chart examples)
- The Complete Guide to Market Breadth Indicators. Gregory L. Morris.
First section is pretty basic and no point in tackling second section before first. I strongly recommend that traders at least gain an overview understanding of EWT and MP (Market Profile) at some convenient point in their learning curve. Even if these methodologies are not for you a basic understanding of the underlying structure of the markets and exactly how they work will considerably reduce your levels of frustration. Knowing what to expect with price action makes a huge difference to our trading state of mind and our patience.
- Trading in the Zone. Mark Douglas
- Come into my Trading Room. Dr Alexander Elder
- Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets. John Murthy
- Technical Analysis Explained: The Successful Investor’s Guide to Spotting Investment Trends and Turning Points Martin J Pring
- Candlestick Charts: An Introduction to Using Candlestick Charts Clive Lambert
- Investment Psychology Explained: Classic Strategies to Beat the Markets: Martin J Pring
- Your Money and Your Brain: How the New Science of Neuroeconomics Can Help Make You Rich: Jason Zweig FX
The Richest Man in Babylon: Now Revised and Updated for the 21st Century George S. ClasonSun-Tzu on Investing: 15 Strategies for Dynamic Investments by Curtis J. Montgomery
Reminiscences of a Stock Operator Edwin Lefèvre
The Zulu Principle Jim Slater
We must thank DaveO, Mike Higgs, Alberto and others who have contributed to the list.
They can be found in the Live trading Room between EU and US session.
Post a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.